Wonderful Marnee is our Winner!
Ladies and gentlemen the wait is finally over and we are pleased to announce that we have a winner of our
Kindhearted golden retriever, Marnee, of Crowborough, East Sussex, is our new HiLife PAT Dog of the Year 2014/15, pipping five other finalists to the prestigious title.
We presented Marnee and her proud owner Noel Austin with the award at Crufts in Birmingham on Friday, when Noel told us: “I couldn’t believe it when the announcer called Marnee’s name. For Marnee to be named as the overall winner is absolutely unbelievable, we’re both delighted.
“Marnee is a special dog and she deserves all the praise that comes her way. She’s been a PAT dog since she was just nine months old. Despite only being a young puppy, she took to her role immediately and has since spent more than a decade making people happy. It’s nice for Marnee’s efforts to be recognised but I think all the PAT dogs are winners. All the handlers and dogs have certainly enjoyed our big day together.”
Noel and Marnee are members of the friendly PAT Dog team that regularly volunteer their time to provide therapeutic visits to hospitals, hospices, nursing, care homes and special needs schools.
The lovely Marnee has chalked up many experiences on her PAT dog CV, including working with patients undergoing stroke rehabilitation, a dog phobic girl, people with mental and physical disabilities, patients with hospital phobia, autistic children and people with severe dementia. She truly is a worthy winner.
Pets as Therapy is an independently funded charity with over 5,000 volunteers, providing animal assisted therapy and bringing comfort, smiles and friendship to 1000s of people here in the UK every week.
After presenting Noel with a cheque for £500 and Marnee with three-months supply of HiLife food, Noel re-vealed: “It’s not sunk in yet. Everyone back home will be delighted when we get back and tell them the fabu-lous news. Lots of friends and the people we visit have been eagerly awaiting the final. They’ll be gob-smacked when we tell them we’ve won.”
We’re proud to be associated with PAT Dogs. The army of volunteers giving up their time every week is a real credit to the charity. Long may their good work continue.
For more information about Pets As Therapy, visit www.petsastherapy.org or call 01844 345 445.
10 March 2015
- Not all heroes wear capes! Why these top dogs have been nominated for HiLife... 21/01/19
- HiLife’s pawsome pet food range recognised in Grocer’s Top Products Survey 2018 13/12/18
- Top dog friendly holiday rentals for your summer break 20/08/18
- Blood Donor Dogs: Is Your Dog a Canine Hero? 30/07/18
- Is your cat expecting kittens? How to tell if a cat is pregnant 10/07/18
- The best hypoallergenic dog breeds for allergy sufferers 5/07/18
- Our favourite famous dog movies 5/07/18
- How to make friends with your cat (and become their favourite human) 14/05/18
- Running is more fun with your best friend in tow 19/04/18
- Healthy Pet - Happy Pet! 3/04/18