Treat your dog to a fur-nomenal holiday
We've been catching up with our friends at Holiday Cottages to find out some of the best dog friendly locations to head to this summer...
As man’s best friend, dogs offer us a love like no other; they’re waiting with a wagging tail when you get home after a long day, they’re a comfort when you’re ill, and you forge lifelong memories together. For all these reasons and many more, heading off on a dog-friendly holiday with your canine companion is the ultimate treat for the furry friend who’s by your side no matter what. We’ve paw-picked some of the best locations in the UK to head with your pooch for a cottage break to remember.
The Cornish coast has so many beaches that you’ll be spoilt for choice where to head first. Your pooch can dig and splash to their heart’s content with many of the sandy coves only having restrictions for a few months, if at all! Let them sprint along the shores and breathe in the sea air before heading back to your cosy cottage where they can curl up by the fire.
There’s so much to love about the Lakes, both for you and your dog, but we’re pretty positive that what they’ll love most is the miles and miles of walks you can go on together in a brand-new place! Wander amongst rolling green hills exploring the beautiful landscape, and keep an eye out for one of the many dog-friendly pubs as you go; it will be the ideal end for your dog after a long day of sniffing out all of the interesting new scents, plus it means you get to enjoy a pint of something local and have some delicious food.
Put a spring in their step with a trip to the Cotswolds, a glorious Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the Heart of England that is easily reached from many English counties. Your excitable hound is sure to discover plenty of muddy woodland tracks and parks to play in, but there are also lots of dog-friendly attractions in the area too, so you can both enjoy a pawsome day out. Our top picks include Cotswold Wildlife Park and the Batsford Arboretum.
There are some fantastic cottages for canines across the country, so what are you waiting for? Treat your four-legged best friend to the ulti-mutt holiday!
4 July 2017
- Not all heroes wear capes! Why these top dogs have been nominated for HiLife... 21/01/19
- HiLife’s pawsome pet food range recognised in Grocer’s Top Products Survey 2018 13/12/18
- Top dog friendly holiday rentals for your summer break 20/08/18
- Blood Donor Dogs: Is Your Dog a Canine Hero? 30/07/18
- Is your cat expecting kittens? How to tell if a cat is pregnant 10/07/18
- The best hypoallergenic dog breeds for allergy sufferers 5/07/18
- Our favourite famous dog movies 5/07/18
- How to make friends with your cat (and become their favourite human) 14/05/18
- Running is more fun with your best friend in tow 19/04/18
- Healthy Pet - Happy Pet! 3/04/18