How HiLife supports independent pet retailers
Here at HiLife we are very proud of the strong relationships we have with national pet stores and supermarkets – but we’re equally proud of the partnerships we have with our independent pet retailers. As a family-run business ourselves, we recognise that many of our customers value the specialist knowledge, product ranges and personal touch that independent pet retailers provide, which is why we do all we can to support them.
Over the past few years, our focus has been on improving our distribution channels, for example with the launch of HiLife Virtual Territory Management (VTM). The VTM service is designed to help keep shelves stocked no matter what the size of the store is. This service, which is free to use, allows retailers to manage their orders without the need to book an appointment with their representative each time. This is particularly helpful for small pet shop owners who are often too busy running their business to arrange a meeting each time. The retailer simply places their order over the phone, which is then delivered on their usual wholesaler delivery.
One thing that makes this service different to others is that retailers receive ranging advice together with a year-round promotion of ‘buy any five cases and receive a sixth free of charge’, plus other benefits including a free case of our newly-launched products. This gives the retailer the flexibility to use the stock in the best way for their business such as free sampling, price promotions or increasing their profit margins.
We are also aware that independent retailers can find it hard to create the brand blocking that can be seen in larger pet stores and supermarkets. To help with this, our products are designed in a clear and consistent style. This not only makes them more attractive and easier for the customer to find, but also helps retailers to brand block part of their store, without the need for a large budget for point of sale displays.
For more information on the HiLife range of products, see our products section.
3 February 2016
- Not all heroes wear capes! Why these top dogs have been nominated for HiLife... 21/01/19
- HiLife’s pawsome pet food range recognised in Grocer’s Top Products Survey 2018 13/12/18
- Top dog friendly holiday rentals for your summer break 20/08/18
- Blood Donor Dogs: Is Your Dog a Canine Hero? 30/07/18
- Is your cat expecting kittens? How to tell if a cat is pregnant 10/07/18
- The best hypoallergenic dog breeds for allergy sufferers 5/07/18
- Our favourite famous dog movies 5/07/18
- How to make friends with your cat (and become their favourite human) 14/05/18
- Running is more fun with your best friend in tow 19/04/18
- Healthy Pet - Happy Pet! 3/04/18