HiLife supporting Pets As therapy dogs
We had a fantastic day at Crufts on 8 March when we met our HiLife PAT Dog of the Year finalists and our 2013/14 winner was announced.
Caring Charlie, an Airedale Terrier, beat off stiff competition from some very special dogs to take the coveted trophy home along with £500 and a supply of tasty HiLife dog food.
And we’re delighted to announce we’ll be doing it all again next year!
The charity Pets As Therapy (PAT) has over 5,000 volunteers. Their registered PAT dogs visit hospitals, care homes, schools and even prisons to provide animal assisted therapy, bringing comfort, smiles and friendship to 1000s of people every week.
These very special pooches are nominated by one of the establishments they visit. The judges then have the very difficult job of choosing just six of them to go forward to the grand final.
These lucky finalists and their owners enjoy a day out at Crufts where the audience gets to hear their heart-warming stories and the winner is revealed.
We love hearing about the work these dogs do. They truly are amazing and we’re very happy to be supporting the charity for the 11th year running.
We look forward to introducing you to the finalists later in the year!
You can find out more about Pets As Therapy and how your dog can get involved, visit www.petsastherapy.org
- Top dog friendly holiday rentals for your summer break 20/08/18
- Blood Donor Dogs: Is Your Dog a Canine Hero? 30/07/18
- Is your cat expecting kittens? How to tell if a cat is pregnant 10/07/18
- The best hypoallergenic dog breeds for allergy sufferers 5/07/18
- Our favourite famous dog movies 5/07/18
- How to make friends with your cat (and become their favourite human) 14/05/18
- Running is more fun with your best friend in tow 19/04/18
- Healthy Pet - Happy Pet! 3/04/18
- Gentle Lab-Cross Inca named HiLife PAT Dog of the Year at Crufts 9/03/18
- Introducing It's only natural . . . For dogs 2/03/18