Five Weeks of Celebrating our Fabulous Pets!
Did you know this April is National Pet Month? Well, it’s actually a month and a bit, as the campaign runs until 5 May, but the longer the better as far as we’re concerned…
Now in its 25th year, National Pet Month (NPM) is an annual five-week initiative that promotes responsible pet ownership and helps pet charities across the UK raise thousands of pounds for their organisations.
The campaign also aims to:
• make people aware of the mutual benefits of living with pets
• increase public awareness of the role of pet care specialists
• highlight the value of working and assistance companion animals
This year’s theme is ‘celebrating your pets’ and it’s not too late to get involved and lend your support. You can register here as an NPM supporter. It’s quick, there’s no cost involved and you’ll even get a free poster. What’s not to like?!
To find NPM events in your area, try this interactive map for details.
Or why not organise your own event? You could even win a magnum of champagne in the campaign’s ‘Best Event’ competition.
If you need some event ideas, try these:
• Sponsored dog walk
• Open evening at your local veterinary surgery
• Charity Ball
• Pet show
• Pet service at your local church
• Pet festival or fair
• Pet themed craft fair
• Pet themed exhibition
• Pet themed fancy dress day for owners and pets
• Take your pet to work day
• Charity auction
• Britain’s Got Talent style pet talent show
• Pet themed quiz night
So come on! Get creative, get involved and celebrate your beloved pet. You’ll find loads more details at visit www.nationalpetmonth.org.uk